1. In the Beginning (John 1:1-18, John 20:30-31) Jesus was before all things. Though He is fully God, He took on flesh and came to this world to fulfill the Law and declare that the Kingdom of God is available to all men. Week 1 highlights the truth that the Light of the World came to earth with a mission. This is the gospel.
The Purpose of This Book 30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. John 20:31-3
"Jesus is not a god, He is God"
1. He is the Eternal One In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. (John 1: 1-2)
2. He is the Revealed One 4 In him was life,[a] and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1: 4-5)
3. He is the Promised One 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light. 9 The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. (John 1: 6-9)
4. He is the Rejected One 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own,[b] and his own people[c] did not receive him. (John 1: 10-11)
5. He is the Saving One 12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1: 12-13)
6. He is the Glorious One 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son[d] from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 (John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’”) 16 For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.[e] 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God; the only God,[f] who is at the Father's side,[g] he has made him known. (John 1: 14-18)
Sunday Schedule 10:00AM Worship Service Online & In building 10:00AM Power Country 99.5 11:00AM FBC KIDS Online